Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Lanai or Vegas?

Charles you made valid points on our "official" reunion. There are a few variables that need to be addressed, but in the end it's for all of us to get together. I myself have looked at both locations and they both would be a great venue to have our gathering, but Vegas will always be there. Next year the Alumni Association will be there again. But will we have another reunion like the one to come? We'll have to wait for our 40th to see each other again, unless we do it in 5 year increments.

I have been writing to everyone to get feedback on where we should hold it. I have to say Lanai is the most obvious place to have it. Although it will mean flying back across the pacific back home with my family in tow and it will be a little expensive for all of us, but I feel well worth the investment. Timing is also a subject we need to address. With my work schedule, it would mean "creative juggling" to make sure I could attend.

From what I see in email coming to me, the majority of the class would like to have Lanai as the reunion venue. Most of the class lives in Hawaii, other than a few of us "pseudo mainlanders" i.e. Donald, Viola, Ada, Sonia, Cindy and myself. It makes sense to have it there.

Feedback from anyone?

Aloha,
Jason

1 comment:

Charles said...

Hey Jason, thanks! I already know of the outcome of the vote before we actually got inputs from people. I knew most of our classmates on the mainland prefer to have it at Vegas. While people here will vote for Lanai. Sure, the biggest expense is probably airfare. Who knows...we may have two separate reunions just to accomodate everyone.

What we are seeing right now is common in every class reunion. I think we just have to do our best and hope we have a good turnout. I feel our classmates, especially on Lanai and Maui -- really want to make this happen. Felisa sent out an email asking for dates. I think we should move on past the location and just make a decision. I'm pretty sure alot of people have ideas on how we can plan the whole weekend together.

Anyway, thanks to people like you who continue to get involve and at times making me laugh.