Thursday, March 20, 2008

Reunion Thoughts

It's hard to believe its been almost 20 years...seems like 30 (Sorry brudah Joe, couldn't help it). I'm wondering what everyone looks like, will I be able to recognize anyone? Before I moved up to Oregon, I would see Val, June, Charles and Joe on rare occasions. By the way is the Columbia still open? I was talking with Robin about favorite places to eat and that was one of our favorites. Okay, I'm off subject.

Over the past few years, while working at CBS radio, the music our station played would bring me back to our High School Days. For me it was Physical Fitness and our 4:00am workouts everyday in the gym. Working on the yearbook and ended up having to develop and print all photo's because no one else knew what to do. I remember getting home around 2:00am the next day and I had to get up in two hours!

Going to Molokai for the Cross Country races and the "course marshalls" who were students sent me on a wild goose chase and pointed in the wrong direction on the course.

I remember heading for Corozon's house and asking if "Boz" was home, building our pull up bar in Mr. Chester's class and hit Jose with the arc welder! Shocking! After band practice, we'd all go on a drive up to the cemetary. All of us packing into Leonor's station wagon and go cruising, remember it was lifted and mag wheels? Jonie Hera chasing cats with her car. Hmmm...what else...Marilyn getting into an accident the day she got her license. I think it was a tree that jumped out in front of her. Going over to Rocky's house and him saying "lets see who can get the engine out of these jeeps first".... I was half way done until I realized, I think I just got taken. Get me to take out one, which would be one less for him to do! You da man Rock!

I remember Jodie Ribucan punching out Mr. Hokama's window after I wanted to "break up" with her. (had second thoughts after that) My dear brother on ways he amused himself and people would think I did it. Hello! There's a bit of a height difference and can't miss the "Afro" he was sporting. Val and I taking Aikido from Mr. Inaba, I loved working out there, but was upset that our Senior year made it more difficult to go to practice. (Val, by the way, I still train and teach kids at the Tigard Ai Ki Kai Society. So funny, I have kids who were like Quay Chester. I received my black belt back in 1988. By the way, is he still around? Mr. Inaba that is.

Only recently did I tell my parents about the "party" we had when Dad, Mom and Tracy were on Kauai for Menehune Basketball. If I remember, Claude had a big bottle of Vodka from his sister wedding the week before, so Don, Kimo, Cedric (I think it was Cedric), Juan Neflar, Claude and I drank mostly the whole night and got very drunk! Juan was freaking out and Donald so Donald knocked him out! I think that was around the time when I put a hole in my Dads work room and we all went to the house above and stole the door to replace it! Had to put it back, because it didn't fit!

So much fun, one day I'll tell you about putting "Nair" in Len's shampoo because she "narked" on me. That was not good.....

I've been remembering so much growing up there, some bad but so many good memories. What do you remember?

No comments: