Thursday, March 20, 2008

Reunion Thoughts

With all this talk of our class reunion, the memories of growing up on Lanai keep rushing to the forefront of my mind. I really think that we are so blessed to have grown up on Lanai and to have been a part of a "small" school. I mean I'm so excited about our upcoming reunion, where my hubby - who grew up in California, can't say the same thing as he hasn't been in touch with any of his school friends - pretty much since school...
I can't wait till we're all together in one place and looking around the room, trying to figure out whose who! To see how we've all changed and how some of us may still look the same.
Jason, Akido classes!!! I remember it well, its like I can smell the straw from the mats as I'm writing this. Band classes - concerts - bake sales - oh and the car accident that Marilyn got into! Yeah, I think I'm still paying the price for that injury! Man I got into sooooo much trouble with my mom for hanging out with Marilyn! I remember our homecoming events - all of us getting together to work on the floats - I think I still remember how to make carnations out of Kleenex! Picking pineapple during the summers - I wish that my kids were able to be a part of that - doing hard labor during our teenage years I think laid a really good foundation. Not that I really enjoyed it, but hey I still have people stare at me is surprise when I tell them that I use to pick pineapple!!!
The class of 1979's class reunion is going to be so AWESOME!!!

No comments: